These days, just like your home, your wedding can also be eco-friendly. Here are some ideas:
- Set up a wedding website and send out email invitations instead of the paper variety – try www.greenvelope.com.
- Have your wedding reception outdoors to reduce electricity consumption and try to find one venue for your ceremony and reception to avoid extra driving.
- Dress in natural fibres – we’ve seen some beautiful organic silk wedding dress designs!
- Stick to seasonal and organic ingredients. Likewise, choose indigenous flowers, or opt for potted plants down the middle of the table (guests can take them home afterwards).
- Give seedlings as wedding favours. As they grow it will be lovely reminder of your special day.
- Fill confetti bags with bird seed, rather than paper or uncooked rice.It’ll be better for the ground and better for the birds…